Friday, February 1, 2013

Rolling with Change

Throughout the course of my life. I have always been able to accept new things. The people in my life that know me well can testify that I am not one to stay in a box , or one that is stuck to any one place or thing. That being said if someone were to have told me that I would move to a new location, cut my locks of five years off my head and become a home school mom all in this past year, I would have had to sit down and have a good laugh !!  Many other changes occurred as well and lets just say I began experiencing a number of feelings. Excitement for the change but also discomfort in the unknown. I adapted well to some of our changes quite smoothly, but the home school part ummmmm... sorry didn't see myself heading there anytime soon ! I will go more into depth on that story and how my family is adapting to this new lifestyle in future posts. For now I want to put the focus on the positive things that I've learned thus far. The number one lesson in my life this year has been to heed The Lords voice. You might not hear Him speak audibly, but He is. It may be that steady nudge you feel on the inside,or a sermon at church but most times I find it's in His Word. Friends if GOD says DO IT !!!!!  Please make the wise choice of instant obedience. Though the journey may be new and unfamiliar to you, God promises to be the light on our path.  Deuteronomy 1:30-33 says , 'The Lord your God, who goes before you , He will fight for you, according to all He did for you in Egypt before your eyes, and in the wilderness where you saw how the Lord your God carried you, as a man carries his son, in all the way that you went until you came to this place.' Yet for all that, you did not believe the Lord your God, "who went in the way before you to search out a place  for you to pitch your tents, to show you the way you should go, in the fire by night and in the cloud by day.  As I often remind my kids "To obey is better than sacrifice" and boy do some of us grownups need to learn that lesson. So the next time we feel we are being led in a new direction and things begin to feel a bit beyond our own control, I challenge you to choose to be content in the discomfort, knowing that the situation you are in is creating an open door for intimate communication with our Heavenly Father. Trust in Him and He will never lead you astray.

Be encouraged today and feel free to leave comments below...

Growing together in the Journey !

No comments:

Post a Comment